Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit Registration
July 28th, 2018
Diamondback Shooting Sports
7030 E. Broadway
Tucson, AZ 85710
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
The AZ Concealed Weapons Permit training class is classroom-only instruction lasting approximately six hours. This course offering has been split into two 3-hour long class sessions held on consecutive evenings. This course provides a heavy emphasis on law and legal issues, as well as safe gun handling pertaining to concealed carry, and home defense aspects.
All course material is provided. You need only bring a Black Ink Pen.
Coffee/Refreshments are welcome in the classroom.
$75 Includes Fingerprinting.
Participants are responsible to know if they are or are not a prohibited possessor, thereby knowing if they are eligible to obtain an AZ CCW Permit.
What this course covers
- Completion of state CCW Application
- Completion of state-required Fingerprint cards and fingerprinting
- Universal Safe Gun Handling Rules: Square range vs. Real World dynamics
- Safe Storage of firearms, Intro Home Defense planning
- Concealed Carry Options
- Intro Admin Law, CCW Legal Requirements and Prohibitions
- AZ CCW Application Process, what to expect
- Restricted Areas
- AZ Law pertaining to Carrying Concealed / Open Carry
- AZ Law pertaining to Crimes against Persons, Crimes against Property, Trespass crimes
- Judgmental “What Would You Do?” Scenarios, applying the law to real-world situations
- What to do AFTER you use a firearm in self-defense
- Contact with Law Enforcement Officers
- Reciprocity and traveling to other states
- Planning and Mental Conditioning, Concealed Carry and Home Defense applications
- Written Test