This Home Defensive Workshop 1 This course covers Home Safety, Home Defense, Internal, External and Social Media safety considerations. The front half of this course is classroom instruction. The second half of this course is Hands On, where we introduce Tactical Movement in the home. We cover: stairwells, hallways, doorways, room entry and judgmental shoot/no-shoot scenarios.
Also covering: Castle Doctrine law, and Use of Force legal and practical considerations, Firearms considerations for Home Defense and related ballistic considerations, Firearms storage, and a heavy emphasis on Home Defense planning and training for the whole family.
** NO Firearms and NO Live Ammunition in the classroom – indoor training will be completed safely in a Dry Practice fashion, with training weapons. ** ALL GEAR WILL BE PROVIDED **
Children as young as (12 years) are allowed and encouraged to attend with a parent or adult guardian also taking the class.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Parallax versus parallax free optics, first focal plane versus second focal plane magnification assemblies, reticle types
- Difference between MIL and MOA
- Hold-off techniques for wind-age and elevation
- Range estimation
- DOPE (Description of personal equipment/Description of previous engagements)
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Specific caliber selection, trajectory, bullet coefficient, and types of cartridges
- Body positions
- Cycle of function for specific long rifles
- Dry-fire drills for long rifles
This course is NOT the correct pre-requisite for Intermediate Carbine
Eye and ear protection
Note taking material in classroom and on range
Range appropriate clothing (closed toe shoes, regular neck cut t-shirt)
MINIMUMof 120 rounds
Water and snacks
Rental Guns and Gear available upon coordinated request.