The Defensive Pistol I course is a highly dynamic, 1-day class (approx. 8-10 hours) occurring completely on the range.
Safe Gun Handling skills are absolutely essential. Participants unable to demonstrate safe gun handling skills will be removed from Level II training / no refunds, although Diamondback Training Division may work with these participants to provide remedial training so they can return to this class at a later date.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms in the U.S.
Either Intro to Handgun or Essential Defensive Carry
What this course covers
- Safety / Safe Gun Handling requirements for Hot Range training
- Gear selection and placement
- Revisit the Fundamentals: slow fire for accuracy
- Failure Drills and Designated Head Shot drills
- Malfunction Clearance drills (for time)
- Presentation from the holster
- Reload Drills (for time)
- Close Quarters Battle (CQB) drills / facing and away
- Shooting while moving
- Shooting while moving, engaging moving targets
- Multiple Target engagements
- Fast-n-Slow drills
- Intro to Ground Fighting
- Intro to Vehicle Ops / shooting under and around vehicle
- Use of cover/concealment, planning your movement
- Timed and Scored Qualification
Semi-auto handgun of .380 or greater caliber
Strong-side holster of sturdy construction
At least three (3) magazines and a Magazine Pouch
Eye & Hearing protection
Minimum of 400 rounds of target ammunition
Appropriate attire for training at outdoor private AZ range
Change of shirt recommended (for after ground fighting)
Lots of water, sunscreen and a bag lunch/snacks for a very full training day.