The Intro to Carbine course is a one-day, introductory level rifle training course, tailored to contemporary semi-automatic rifles. (e.g. AR-15, FN-FAL, AK-47, AK-74) The course is ALL RANGE INSTRUCTION. NO CLASSROOM. No Prerequisite for this course. Participants should be able to stand for a long period, kneel, crouch and sit.
** SUMMER HOURS: ADJUSTED START TIME – 7 A.M. **
All course material is provided. You need only bring a Black Ink Pen.
Coffee/Refreshments are welcome in the classroom.
$75 Includes Fingerprinting.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Introduction to the semi-automatic rifle
- Firearms Safety and Safe Gun Handling techniques
- Firearms maintenance, assembly and disassembly, safe storage
- Features and function of rifle components
- Introduction to iron sights and zeroing
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship / from the ground up
- Loading, Reloading, Unloading
- Introduction to Malfunctions and Immediate Action Drills
- Range Training, firing from Prone, Kneeling and Standing
- Slow-Fire for Accuracy
- Multiple Target Engagements, Various Distances
Appropriate semi-automatic Rifle or Carbine
Eye and Ear Protection
Note-taking material for classroom instruction
Minimum of 150 rounds of target ammunition
Ball cap with brim
Sturdy footwear (NO open-toed shoes or sandals)
Appropriate Attire for Arizona training on outdoor private range
Water and snacks/bag lunch for the training day