WOMENS SELF DEFENSE – TEMPLATE
March 1, 2030 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
WOMEN’S SELF DEFENSE
September 15th, 2023
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00pm
Location: 7030 E. Broadway Tucson, AZ 85710
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
The Women’s ADEPT Protective Training program is an 8 hour course, broken into two 4-hour classes, covering the critical mindset and skillsets necessary for the modern woman to recognize, avoid, and survive a predatory attack. This course places a heavy emphasis on the PREVENTATIVE measures a woman can adopt/utilize to significantly decrease the likelihood of becoming a victim of an attack in the first place. Covering the spectrum of outcomes, preparing for the worst case scenario of an actual attack, students will be taught the high-percentage physical skills needed to effectively survive the ambush and create avenues of escape. The focus of the coursework is avoidance, survival, escape.
** Courses may be taken in order or as student availability dictates **
Any students with physical limitations should make the instructor aware of them when registering for the course, to ensure student specific tactics can be addressed. Examples include but are not limited to – advanced age, limited mobility, physical handicaps, etc. Please EMAIL the instructors at Training@Dbackshootingsports.com
What this course covers
- The A.D.E.P.T. system
- Proper mindset
- Preventative Measures
- Proper Falling Techniques
- Proper Recovering Techniques
- Recommended Force Multipliers/EDC Weapons
- Weapons of Opportunity
- Predator Victim Selection Process
- Typical Pre-Assault Indicators
- Typical Criminal Attack Process
- Asocial versus Social Violence Critical Differences
- Verbal De-Escalation Techniques
- Nonverbal De-Escalation Techniques
Gym style clothing and footwear
Water or sports drinks
A US Army 82nd Airborne Reconnaissance Infantryman, and Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran (2008-2009), I also spend as much time as possible outside hunting and fishing. Having countless hours training with multiple weapon platforms from crew served weapons to pistols, and having trained military, law enforcement, and civilians. We are constantly updating our training curriculum, making Diamondback an ideal training environment for individuals from every walk of life.
-NRA Certifications: Refuse to be A Victim Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, Shotgun Instructor, Inside and Outside the Home Personal Protection Instructor
-Arizona Department of Public Safety, Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Instructor
-Arizona Game and Fish Hunter Education Volunteer Instructor
-Sabre Red OC Spray Instructor
-ASP Baton, Handcuffing, and Flashlight Tactics Instructor
A Former US Marine, Roan Grimm has dedicated his life to the study of the grim realities of violent close combat. With 35+ years of martial arts, the past 27 of which have been focused on the weapon intensive Filipino martial arts (arnis/eskrima/kali) and WWII era American combatives (scientific dirty fighting). With over 125 real contact stick fights with the world renown Dog Brothers, Grimm has tested the theories of actual fighting with impact weapons at a level few can approach.
-NRA certified RSO, Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun Instructor
-Guro (black belt equivalent) in Nitullama silat as well as Dog Brothers Martial Arts
-Ma’a Guro in Sub3 American Kali, and Full Dog Brother – “Poi Dog”
-AZ DPS certified Unarmed Guard Instructor
-Creator of ADEPT personal security program