STOP THE BLEED – 6/26/21
June 26 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
STOP THE BLEED
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
Stop The Bleed; is a two hour course conducted in our classroom and is designed to help students understand the function of blood in the body, types of bleeds, and the methodology behind stopping massive blood loss from trauma inflicted wounds. Students will be instructed on the deployment and proper application of tourniquets, emergency trauma dressings, and hemostatic bandages. Diamondback Shooting Sports provides a CAT-7 Tourniquet ($29.99 VALUE), perfectly adding to their Individual First Aid Kit!
This is a nationally certified Stop The Bleed course! Students will also receive a CAT-7 Tourniquet after attending the course!
What this course covers
- Importance and role of blood in the human body
- Types of bleeding
- Symptoms and dangers of massive blood loss from trauma
- Function and proper application of a Combat Application Tourniquet Generation 7 (CAT-7)
- Reacting to massive bleeding and mitigation discernment
- Functions and application of Emergency Trauma Dressings (ETD’s)
- Notation, contacting EMS, and Pass-On techniques
- Maintenance and shelf-life mitigation of tools
- Storage and rapid-deployment techniques
- Nationally Accredited course
- Note taking material for the classroom portion
- Please bring any medical equipment or first aid kit you may already have for inspection
- Materials will be provided for training (Students will leave this course with a CAT-7 tourniquet AT NO EXTRA COST)