- This event has passed.
PRIVATE INSTRUCTION 5/31/2023
May 31 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Wed, May. 31st, 2023
Time: 8:00am – 10:00am (Range)
Location: Location provided via email
Note: Please be able to show payment for every student attending the course.
Course Cancellation Policy:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
Private Instruction: $150/person for 2 hours of ALL RANGE instruction. Students are welcome to train with Handguns, Rifles, or Shotguns during Private Instruction. If you would like to attend with one more person, or schedule a private instruction for a group, contact us at email@example.com.
Handguns available for use include: (9mm) Glock 19 Gen5, Glock 43, CZ P10c, Springfield Hellcat, Sig Sauer P365XL, Smith & Wesson M&P2.0 ### (.380 ACP) Smith and Wesson EZ.380, Glock 42, Sig Sauer P365-380 ### (.38Spl) Smith & Wesson Model 649 (revolver)
Carbines available for use include: (5.56mm/.223) AR-15 style modern sporting rifles ### (.22 LR) AR-15 style modern sporting rifles/pistols
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
Utilization of our firearms is provided at NO additional charge.
What this course covers
- Universal Safe Gun Handling Rules
- Components of Handguns, Rifles, or Shotguns
- Types of actions for a specific firearm
- Types of Ammunition
- Terms and definitions
- Safe Storage of Firearms
- Loading, Unloading, Malfunctions
- Grip, Stance and Aiming for any firearm(s)
- Shotguns may shoot clay pigeons
- Marksmanship, Defensive, or Competition Skills and Drills
- Vehicle access and Barriers available
- Active feed back from the instructor, course completion, notes to take home
(Firearms may be provided at no extra charge)
Eye / Hearing Protection
Handgun(s): Revolver or Semi-Automatic of .22 LR caliber or greater
Rifle(s): Carbines, lever actions, Range is limited to 50-100y
Shotgun(s): Pump/Semi/Break, Defensive or Clay pigeons
A minimum of 100 rounds of target (FMJ) ammunition for pistols, 140 rounds for rifles, 75 rounds (bird shot) for shotguns
Weather appropriate attire for the private outdoor range (no sandals or open-toed footwear)
A US Army 82nd Airborne Reconnaissance Infantryman, and Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran (2008-2009), I also spend as much time as possible outside hunting and fishing. Having countless hours training with multiple weapon platforms from crew served weapons to pistols, and having trained military, law enforcement, and civilians. We are constantly updating our training curriculum, making Diamondback an ideal training environment for individuals from every walk of life.
-NRA Certifications: Refuse to be A Victim Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, Shotgun Instructor, Inside and Outside the Home Personal Protection Instructor
-Arizona Department of Public Safety, Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Instructor
-Arizona Game and Fish Hunter Education Volunteer Instructor
-Sabre Red OC Spray Instructor
-ASP Baton, Handcuffing, and Flashlight Tactics Instructor
A Former US Marine, Roan Grimm has dedicated his life to the study of the grim realities of violent close combat. With 35+ years of martial arts, the past 27 of which have been focused on the weapon intensive Filipino martial arts (arnis/eskrima/kali) and WWII era American combatives (scientific dirty fighting). With over 125 real contact stick fights with the world renown Dog Brothers, Grimm has tested the theories of actual fighting with impact weapons at a level few can approach.
-NRA certified RSO, Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun Instructor
-Guro (black belt equivalent) in Nitullama silat as well as Dog Brothers Martial Arts
-Ma’a Guro in Sub3 American Kali, and Full Dog Brother – “Poi Dog”
-AZ DPS certified Unarmed Guard Instructor
-Creator of ADEPT personal security program