- This event has passed.
INTRO TO HANDGUNS 10/14-10/15/2022
October 14 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
INTRO TO HANDGUNS
Note: Please be able to show payment for every student attending the course.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
Introduction to Handguns Level 1 is 4-5 hours of classroom and range instruction. Starting with a heavy emphasis on safety and practicality, we cover a lot more than “just the basics” in this course including slow fire for accuracy, trigger follow through, speed v accuracy, presentation from compression, and defensive shooting drills. Students will leave with the confidence and knowledge needed to practice on their own and come back for our level 2 courses!
***Students will need to purchase 100 rounds of target (FMJ) ammunition. When using our handguns, students may purchase any combination of 9mm or .380ACP for semi-autos, or .38Spl for revolvers.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms. (Under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian)
Utilization of our handguns is provided at NO additional charge!
Firearms available for use include:
9mm – Glock 19 Gen5, Glock 43, CZ P10c, Springfield Hellcat, Sig Sauer P365XL, Smith & Wesson M&P2.0
.380ACP – Smith and Wesson EZ.380, Glock 42, Sig Sauer P365-380
.38Spl – Smith & Wesson Model 649 (revolver)
What this course covers
- Universal Safe Gun Handling Rules
- Components of Handguns (Revolvers and Semi-auto)
- Features and Functions
- Types of Ammunition
- Terms and definitions
- Safe Storage of Firearms
- Loading, Unloading, and Malfunctions
- Grip, Stance, and Aiming
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship/Slow fire for accuracy
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting/Controlled pair
- Presentation with defensive shooting drills
- Course Completion, Summary
Pen for note taking
Eye and Hearing Protection
Handgun: Revolver/Semi-Automatic of .22 LR caliber or higher (Firearms may be provided at no extra charge)
Spare magazines, speed strips (for revolvers) and/or speed loaders
A minimum of 100 rounds of target (FMJ) ammunition
Water, snacks or lunch, and sunscreen as appropriate
Weather appropriate attire for the private outdoor range (no sandals or open-toed footwear)