EVERYDAY CARRY/HANDGUN LVL2 8/13/2022
August 13 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
EVERYDAY CARRY/HANDGUN LVL2
Aug. 13, 2022
Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm (Range)
Location: Diamondback Private Range
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
EveryDay Carry (EDC), is approximately 4-5 hours of instruction occurring entirely on the range. This course is specifically designed for open and concealed carry handgun shooting skills (Full size or compact from concealment or duty carry). Beginning with reacting from the flinch response/launch pad, and finalizing with, ‘our hands move our feet’, this course demonstrates, exercises, and provides students with the ability to establish a base of training for themselves to practice (live and dry fire).
Intro to Handguns or Cadre approval
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Safety and Safe Gun Handling for Concealed Carry applications
- Holster options and selection
- Ammunition options and selection
- Mental Conditioning / Mindset, and proper planning
- What to do AFTER you survive the gunfight
- Safety and Safe Gun Handling / Hot Range Rules
- Drawing from the Holster
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship revisited/slow fire for accuracy
- Defensive Shooting, flash sight picture, controlled pair
- Multiple Target Engagements
- After Action Drills
- Loading, Reloading / Tactical and Emergency Reloads
- Shooting while Moving
- Failure to stop drills
- One-Hand / Off-Hand shooting
- Malfunction Clearance drills
Note taking material
Eye / Hearing Protection (Electronic Hearing Protection strongly encouraged)
Concealed Carry or Open Carry Handgun (No single action “cowboy” guns)
Concealed carry holster, or Open carry holster (Purses, Cross-Draw, and Small-of-Back rigs ARE permissible)
No soft/collapsible holsters!
Spare Magazines (at least three magazines total) or Speed Loaders for revolvers
Spare Magazine pouch / speed loader pouch
Minimum of 300 rounds of target ammunition
Water / snacks / bag lunch for full training day
Sunscreen and weather appropriate attire for outdoor private range