ARMED GUARD 16hr 6/29-6/30/2022
June 29 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
ARMED GUARD 16hr
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
The Arizona DPS Armed Guard course satisfies the requirement for a current Unarmed Guard to get their Armed Guard License, and the requirement for the two year Renewal of a current Armed guard card. The course fee includes fingerprints, photos, and range fees. The course fee does not include state fees, or ammunition costs. Day one is all classroom instruction. Attendees should bring their duty belt, and firearms will either be UNLOADED, or carried in a holster on your person, and remain holstered. Day two starts in the classroom covering law and legal aspects, followed by an afternoon range qualification. After successfully completing the 50 round qualifying shoot, students will have completed all necessary training to become an armed guard under AZ DPS regulations.
Reference AZ DPS licensing unit at; https://www.azdps.gov/licensing/sg for information about which course of instruction is right for you, or contact the instructors via email at Training@dbackshootingsports.com.
PREREQUISITES: CURRENT Unarmed Security Guard
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Mindset, verbal judo of de-escalation
- Armed guard procedures, requirements, suggestions
- Fingerprints, photos, and range fees are included in the course fee
- Law and legal procedures and ARS statutes
- AZ DPS’s lesson plan covers the fundamentals of shooting, however this is NOT an introductory course
- Differences in duty belt, equipment, flashlights, firearms, etc.
- Universal rules of safe firearm handling
- Proper firearm grip, stance, draw, and defensive shooting
- 50 round qualification with duty firearm for Armed guards
- A privately owned firearm (rentals ARE NOT available for this course)
- Duty/belt with holster and a minimum of two mag pouches, minimum of three magazines
- 50 rounds of ammunition for qualification (students are allowed one re-shoot in 24 hours)
- Range appropriate attire (NO open-toed shoes)
- Eye and Ear Protection, Sun Protection
- Note taking material for the classroom portion