The Introduction to Carbine Level 1 course is 3-4 hours of ALL range instruction. Covering our safe gun handling procedures for a cold range, we then move into slow fire for accuracy and setting a proper battle sight zero. Then we move out to the firing line to cover all loading and unloading procedures, manipulation, malfunctions, and defensive shooting skills with carbines.
NOTES: Students need eye and ear protection, and 160 rounds of target (FMJ) ammunition, PRIOR to range training.
This course has a student minimum of 3 and a student maximum of 8
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms. Rental carbines are available at NO extra cost, email Training@dbackshootingsports.com to arrange a rental gun.
What this course covers
- Introduction to the semi-automatic rifle
- Firearms Safety and Safe Gun Handling techniques
- Features and function of rifle components, cycle of function
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship, Zeroing
- Loading, Reloading, Unloading
- Malfunctions / Immediate Actions and Remedial Actions
- Body position and priority of movement manipulation
- Slow-Fire for Accuracy, defensive shooting, ready up drills
- Sight over bore at various distances
Carbine WITH SLING
Eye and Ear Protection
Minimum of 160 rounds of target ammunition, at least 3 magazines, and 1 magazine pouch
Ball cap with brim
Sturdy footwear (NO open-toed shoes or sandals)
Appropriate Attire for Arizona training on outdoor private range
Water and snacks/bag lunch for the training day