The Arizona DPS 16hr Armed Guard course satisfies the requirement for a current Unarmed Guard to get their Armed guard 16-hours of initial training. The course fee includes fingerprints, photos, and range fees. The course fee does not include state fees, or ammunition costs. Day one is all classroom instruction. Guards should bring their duty belt, and firearms will either be UNLOADED, or carried in a holster on your person, and remain holstered. Day two starts in the classroom covering law and legal aspects, followed by an afternoon range qualification. After successfully completing the 50 round qualifying shoot, students will have completed all necessary training to become an armed guard under AZ DPS regulations.
Reference AZ DPS licensing unit at; https://www.azdps.gov/licensing/sg for information about which course of instruction is right for you, or contact the instructors via email at Training@dbackshootingsports.com.
CURRENT Unarmed Guard Card
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Unarmed guard procedures
- Armed guard procedures
- Required 16 hour initial training for Armed guards
- Law and legal procedures and ARS statutes
- De-escalation of a hostile situation
- How to set up a duty belt
- Safe firearm handling
- Proper firearm grip, stance, draw, and defensive shooting
- 50 round qualification with duty firearm for Armed guards
- A privately owned firearm
- Duty/belt with holster, two mag pouches, and a minimum of three magazines
- 50 rounds of ammunition for qualification
- Range appropriate attire
- Eye and Ear Protection, Sun Protection
- Note taking material for the classroom portion