This is a highly dynamic, 1-day class (approx. 8-10 hours) occurring completely on the range. Safe Gun Handling skills are absolutely essential. Participants unable to demonstrate safe gun handling skills will be removed from Level III training / no refunds, although Diamondback Training Division may work with these participants to provide remedial training so they can return to this class at a later date. This course culminates with night fire training.
Prerequisites: Defensive Handgun I
Essential Defensive Carry and Intro to Handguns.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Safety / Safe Gun Handling requirements for Hot Range training
- Gear selection and placement
- Revisit the Fundamentals: slow fire for accuracy
- Failure Drills and Designated Head Shot drills
- Malfunction Clearance drills (for time)
- Presentation from the holster (revisited)
- Reload Drills (for time)
- Close Quarters Battle (CQB) drills / facing and away
- Shooting while moving
- Shooting while moving, engaging moving targets
- Multiple Target engagements
- Fast-n-Slow drills
- Use of cover/concealment, planning your movement
- Multiple Ground Fighting Drills
- Vehicle Ops / shooting under and around vehicle
- Shooting from Vehicle / Anti- Car Jack Drills
- Low Light Shooting Drills
- Flashlight Drills / No Light Drills / Night Fire Drills.
Semi-auto handgun of .380 or greater caliber
Strong-side holster of sturdy construction
At least three (3) magazines and a Magazine Pouch
Eye & Hearing protection
Minimum of 400 rounds of target ammunition
Flashlight (either End Cap actuated or Weapon-Mounted light with holster)
Appropriate attire for training at outdoor private AZ range
Change of shirt recommended (for after ground fighting)
Lots of water, sunscreen and a bag lunch/snacks for a very full training evening.
Rental Guns and Gear available upon coordinated request.