IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit)
April 25th, 2019
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm (noon)
Location: 7030 E. Broadway Tucson, AZ 85710
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 72 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
- We understand that emergencies happen, and are willing to be flexible in cases involving family emergencies, or emergency medical treatments. If such a case occurs, please email the instructor directly, firstname.lastname@example.org
The IFAK course is tailored for self treatment in emergency scenarios. Our methods are non-invasive, and cover methodology for assessing a casualty, treatment as a non-medical professional, treatment in real life scenarios, setting up an IFAK, and contact with law enforcement. We also cover the legal restrictions under the good samaritan law in Arizona.
No prerequisites for this course.
This is a non-certifying medical course, you will NOT receive and state or national certification when finished with this course.
What this course covers
- Tools of the trade, setting up an IFAK
- Assessing a casualty, M.A.R.C.H
- Non-invasive treatment techniques
- TCCC, Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Good Samaritan Law in Arizona (How to avoid Gross Negligence liability)
- Contact with Law enforcement
- Communication with 911 operators
- Case-vac or Med-vac assessments
- What has changed? The history of first response
- Wound packing and tourniquet application hands on application
- Note taking material for the classroom portion
- Please bring any medical equipment or first aid kit you may already have for inspection
- Materials will be provided for training, IFAK equipment will be available for purchase at the end of the course
A US Army 82nd Airborne Reconnaissance Infantryman, and Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran (2008-2009), I also spend as much time as possible outside hunting and fishing. Having countless hours training with multiple weapon platforms from crew served weapons to pistols, and having trained military, law enforcement, and civilians. We are constantly updating our training curriculum, making Diamondback an ideal training environment for individuals from every walk of life.
-NRA Certifications: Refuse to be A Victim Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, Shotgun Instructor, Inside and Outside the Home Personal Protection Instructor
-Arizona Department of Public Safety, Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Instructor
-Arizona Game and Fish Hunter Education Volunteer Instructor
-Sabre Red OC Spray Instructor
-ASP Baton, Handcuffing, and Flashlight Tactics Instructor
A Former US Marine, Roan Grimm has dedicated his life to the study of the grim realities of violent close combat. With 35+ years of martial arts, the past 27 of which have been focused on the weapon intensive Filipino martial arts (arnis/eskrima/kali) and WWII era American combatives (scientific dirty fighting). With over 125 real contact stick fights with the world renown Dog Brothers, Grimm has tested the theories of actual fighting with impact weapons at a level few can approach.
-NRA certified RSO, Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun Instructor
-Guro (black belt equivalent) in Nitullama silat as well as Dog Brothers Martial Arts
-Ma’a Guro in Sub3 American Kali, and Full Dog Brother – “Poi Dog”
-AZ DPS certified Unarmed Guard Instructor
-Creator of ADEPT personal security program