The Armed Guard course is split into two blocks of instruction that fulfill the requirements from AZ DPS to become a certified armed security guard. The initial Armed Guard portion is a two day, 16-hour block of instruction that covers the legalities as it pertains to armed guard security work. After successfully completing the 50 round qualifying shoot, students will have completed all necessary training to become an armed guard under AZ DPS regulations.
***The Unarmed/Armed course covers all 24-hours of initial training for a new armed guard to work in Arizona***
Reference AZ DPS licensing unit at; https://www.azdps.gov/licensing/sg for information about which course of instruction is right for you, or contact the store at 520-886-8338 and ask for Ben.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Unarmed guard procedures
- Armed guard procedures
- Required 8 hour annual refresher course for Armed guards
- Law and legal procedures and ARS statutes
- De-escalation of a hostile situation
- How to set up a duty belt
- Safe firearm handling
- Proper firearm grip, stance, draw, and defensive shooting
- 50 round qualification with duty firearm for Armed guards
- A privately owned firearm (rentals available at an additional cost)
- Duty/belt with holster and two mag pouches
- 50 rounds of ammunition for qualification (additional ammunition for any re-qualification)
- Range appropriate attire (NO open-toed shoes)
- Eye and Ear Protection, Sun Protection
- Note taking material for the classroom portion
Rental Guns and Gear available upon coordinated request.