- This event has passed.
UNARMED / ARMED GUARD 5/31 – 6/1/2023
May 31 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday, May 31st –
Thursday, June 1st, 2023
Time: 9:00am – 6:00pm (Both days)
Location: 7030 E. Broadway Tucson, AZ 85710
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
The Arizona DPS 24-hour Unarmed AND Armed Guard course includes the full three days of instruction for an individual to obtain an Arizona Unarmed and Armed guard card. The course fee includes fingerprints, photos, and range fees. The course fee does NOT include AZ DPS state fees, or ammunition cost. See the description below for a day to day schedule.
Reference AZ DPS licensing unit at; https://www.azdps.gov/licensing/sg for information about which course of instruction is right for you, or contact the instructors via email at Training@dbackshootingsports.com.
PREREQUISITES: Must be 18 years of age
NOTES: This is NOT an introduction to firearms course! NO rental firearms will be provided.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Day One; Arizona DPS 8-hour Unarmed Security Guard Lesson Plan
- Day Two; Armed Guard introduction and equipment inspection
- Day Three; Armed Guard Law and Legal, Defensive Shooting, qualification
- Course fee includes fingerprints, photos, and range fees
- Course fee DOES NOT include state fees, stamps, delivery, or ammunition.
- 50 round qualification, select the link below and copy paste into your browser, scroll to the bottom. https://www.azdps.gov/sites/default/files/media/Armed%20Security%20Guard%20%288Hrs-annual%29%20Lesson%20Plan_0.pdf
- Safe Gun Handling; Anyone who does not demonstrate safe handling skills will NOT receive an armed guard card.
- Proper firearm grip, stance, draw, and defensive shooting
- Day One; Note taking materials
- Day Two; Duty belt, holster, firearm (Unloaded or carried)
- Day Three; 50-100 rounds of ammunition, belt, holster, firearm, two mag pouches, and a minimum of three magazines
- Range appropriate attire (NO open-toed shoes)
- Eye and Ear Protection, electronic ear protection is highly encouraged, Sun Protection
- Each day is an 8hr block of instruction
A US Army 82nd Airborne Reconnaissance Infantryman, and Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran (2008-2009), I also spend as much time as possible outside hunting and fishing. Having countless hours training with multiple weapon platforms from crew served weapons to pistols, and having trained military, law enforcement, and civilians. We are constantly updating our training curriculum, making Diamondback an ideal training environment for individuals from every walk of life.
-NRA Certifications: Refuse to be A Victim Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, Shotgun Instructor, Inside and Outside the Home Personal Protection Instructor
-Arizona Department of Public Safety, Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Instructor
-Arizona Game and Fish Hunter Education Volunteer Instructor
-Sabre Red OC Spray Instructor
-ASP Baton, Handcuffing, and Flashlight Tactics Instructor
A Former US Marine, Roan Grimm has dedicated his life to the study of the grim realities of violent close combat. With 35+ years of martial arts, the past 27 of which have been focused on the weapon intensive Filipino martial arts (arnis/eskrima/kali) and WWII era American combatives (scientific dirty fighting). With over 125 real contact stick fights with the world renown Dog Brothers, Grimm has tested the theories of actual fighting with impact weapons at a level few can approach.
-NRA certified RSO, Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun Instructor
-Guro (black belt equivalent) in Nitullama silat as well as Dog Brothers Martial Arts
-Ma’a Guro in Sub3 American Kali, and Full Dog Brother – “Poi Dog”
-AZ DPS certified Unarmed Guard Instructor
-Creator of ADEPT personal security program