OPTICS 101 8/22/20
August 22 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
The pre-requisite for our long range rifle course, OPTICS 101 is a two hour classroom presentation covering different aspects of optics, and the correlation of optics, rifle caliber, and action type of the rifle. We cover far more than just the basics, with an introduction into DOPE cards, reticle patterns, mil v moa adjustments, and ballistics.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Parallax versus parallax free optics, first focal plane versus second focal plane magnification assemblies, reticle types
- Difference between MIL and MOA
- Hold-off techniques for wind-age and elevation
- Range estimation
- DOPE (Description of personal equipment/Description of previous engagements)
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Specific caliber selection, trajectory, bullet coefficient, and types of cartridges
- Body positions
- Cycle of function for specific long rifles
- Dry-fire drills for rifles
Note taking materials
Please bring your firearm and/or optic (firearms unloaded)