KNIFE LVL 1 – TEMPLATE
March 1, 2030 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
KNIFE LVL 1
September 15th, 2023
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00pm
Location: 7030 E. Broadway Tucson, AZ 85710
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
Our Knife level 1 course focuses on a lot more than the little box opener most people carry around. We challenge students to access their knives while under stress and under attack. We discuss and demonstrate to students what everyday carry knives work best and worst depending on different scenarios. We then utilize different techniques for weapon access and open hand defensive and offensive techniques. The beginning of a narrower but deeper curriculum of knife tactics designed around unobtrusive carry. Specifically working from a concealed draw EDC knife explores the basics.
Please bring whatever knife you carry, however we will provide training knives. This course is physically demanding but accommodations will be made for students with physical disabilities.
What this course covers
- Fixed versus folder knives
- Knife selection
- Blade length optimization
- Best carry placement
- Discreet knife access
- Dynamic knife access
- Grip “theory” versus grip reality
- Primary attack principles
- Primary target pyramid
- Defensive versus counter ambush mindset
- Slashing versus thrusting
- 4 Ward template
Note-taking material, mouth piece, groin protection
Everyday clothing as well as gym clothing and footwear
Water or sports drinks
A US Army 82nd Airborne Reconnaissance Infantryman, and Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran (2008-2009), I also spend as much time as possible outside hunting and fishing. Having countless hours training with multiple weapon platforms from crew served weapons to pistols, and having trained military, law enforcement, and civilians. We are constantly updating our training curriculum, making Diamondback an ideal training environment for individuals from every walk of life.
-NRA Certifications: Refuse to be A Victim Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, Shotgun Instructor, Inside and Outside the Home Personal Protection Instructor
-Arizona Department of Public Safety, Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Instructor
-Arizona Game and Fish Hunter Education Volunteer Instructor
-Sabre Red OC Spray Instructor
-ASP Baton, Handcuffing, and Flashlight Tactics Instructor
A Former US Marine, Roan Grimm has dedicated his life to the study of the grim realities of violent close combat. With 35+ years of martial arts, the past 27 of which have been focused on the weapon intensive Filipino martial arts (arnis/eskrima/kali) and WWII era American combatives (scientific dirty fighting). With over 125 real contact stick fights with the world renown Dog Brothers, Grimm has tested the theories of actual fighting with impact weapons at a level few can approach.
-NRA certified RSO, Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun Instructor
-Guro (black belt equivalent) in Nitullama silat as well as Dog Brothers Martial Arts
-Ma’a Guro in Sub3 American Kali, and Full Dog Brother – “Poi Dog”
-AZ DPS certified Unarmed Guard Instructor
-Creator of ADEPT personal security program