- This event has passed.
INTRO TO HANDGUNS 11/10/2018
November 10 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm$85
INTRO TO HANDGUNS
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
The Intro to Handguns course is a 5-6 hour basic level training course with classroom and range instruction. This course is ideal for anyone new to handguns, and/or anyone considering purchasing their first new gun. Starting with a heavy emphasis on safety and practicality, we cover a lot more than “just the basics” in this course.
** SUMMER HOURS: Saturday 9am to 11am in Classroom. 11am to 2pm on the range. **
Rental Handguns are available upon coordinated request – let us know if you’re planning to rent when you register! Email email@example.com to coordinate rentals, or with questions.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Intro to Safety
- Universal Safe Gun Handling Rules
- Components of Handguns (Revolvers and Semis)
- Features and Functions
- Components and Types of Ammunition
- Terms and definitions
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Disassembly, Inspection and re-assembly of handguns
- Safe Storage of Firearms
- Intro to Fundamentals of Marksmanship (classroom)
- Grip, Stance and Aiming
- Relocate to the Private Range
- Range Safety and Safe Gun Handling on the Range
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Loading and Unloading
- Live-Fire shooting drills, Slow-fire for Accuracy (100 Rounds Minimum)
- Course Completion, Summary
Eye / Hearing Protection
Handgun: Revolver or Semi-Automatic of .22 LR caliber or greater.
(No single-action “cowboy” guns)
Spare magazines, speed strips (for revolvers) and/or speed loaders
A minimum of 100 rounds of target ammunition
Water, snacks/ag lunch, and sunscreen as appropriate
Weather appropriate attire for the private outdoor range (no sandals or open-toed footwear)
Rental Guns and Gear available upon coordinated request.