INTRO TO CARBINE LVL1 8/14/2021
August 14 @ 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
INTRO TO CARBINE (AR/AK) LVL1
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
The Introduction to Carbine Level 1 course is a 3-4 hour, introductory level rifle training course held completely on our private property outdoor range. We start with instruction on zeroing, defensive tactics and rates of fire, followed by malfunction drills, and finalized with an introduction to combative carbine utilization.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Introduction to the semi-automatic rifle
- Firearms Safety and Safe Gun Handling techniques
- Firearms maintenance, assembly and disassembly, safe storage
- Features and function of rifle components
- Introduction to iron sights and zeroing
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship / from the ground up
- Loading, Reloading, Unloading
- Introduction to Malfunctions and Immediate Action Drills
- Range Training, firing from Prone, Kneeling and Standing
- Slow-Fire for Accuracy
- Multiple Target Engagements, Various Distances
Appropriate semi-automatic Rifle or Carbine, with SLING
Eye and Ear Protection
At least 3 magazines, and one magazine pouch
Minimum of 160 rounds of FMJ target ammunition
Ball cap with brim
Sturdy footwear (NO open-toed shoes or sandals)
Appropriate Attire for Arizona training on outdoor private range
Water and snacks/bag lunch for the training day