HOME DEFENSE 4/11/21
April 11 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
The Home Defensive LVL1 covers Home Safety, Home Defense, Internal, External and Social Media safety considerations. The front half of this course is classroom instruction, approximately 1-2 hours. The second half of this course is Hands On, where we introduce Limited Penetration room clearing, approximately 1-2 hours. We cover: stairwells, hallways, doorways, room entry and judgmental shoot/no-shoot scenarios.
Also covering: Castle Doctrine law, and Use of Force legal and practical considerations, Firearms considerations for Home Defense and related ballistic considerations, Firearms storage, and a heavy emphasis on Home Defense planning and training for the whole family.
** NO Firearms and NO Live Ammunition in the classroom – indoor training will be completed safely in a Dry Practice fashion, with training weapons. ** ALL GEAR WILL BE PROVIDED **
Children as young as (12 years) are allowed and encouraged to attend with a parent or adult guardian also taking the class.
Students will be using air soft guns during training, NO live ammunition
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Universal Safe Gun Handling Rules
- Castle Doctrine law
- Limited penetration room clearing
- Working alone and in two person teams
- Room defense, establishing cover and concealment
- Safe Storage of Firearms
- Fundamentals of using lights inside the home
- Techniques for clearing hallways and stairs
- Passive defensive techniques
- Active defensive techniques
- Safety v accessibility
- Course Completion, summary
Eye protection (provided)
No live firearms allowed during training