EVERYDAY CARRY/HANDGUN LVL2 9/19/2020
September 19 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
EVERYDAY CARRY/HANDGUN LVL2
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
Our Handgun level 2 course, Everyday Carry (EDC), is approximately a 4-5 hour Level 2 course of instruction occurring entirely on the range. Staring with slow fire for accuracy re-visited from level 1, we then cover handgun manipulation skills involving drawing from the holster, reloads, malfunction drills, and re-holstering. Repetition is the key in this course, we end the day moving our feet, and various drills that force our students to process information while applying the skills learned from the day.
Intro to Handguns.
NOTES: **Student Maximum of 6**
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Safety and Safe Gun Handling for Concealed Carry applications
- Holster options and selection
- Ammunition options and selection
- Mental Conditioning / Mindset, and proper planning
- What to do AFTER you win the gunfight
- Safety and Safe Gun Handling / Hot Range Rules
- Drawing from the Holster
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship revisited/slow fire for accuracy
- Defensive Shooting, flash sight picture, controlled pair
- Multiple Target Engagements
- After Action Drills
- Loading, Reloading / Tactical and Emergency Reloads
- Shooting while Moving
- Failure to stop drills
- One-Hand / Off-Hand shooting
- Malfunction Clearance drills
Note taking material
Eye / Hearing Protection (Electronic Hearing Protection strongly encouraged)
Concealed Carry or Open Carry Handgun (No single action “cowboy” guns)
Concealed carry holster, or Open carry holster (Purses, Cross-Draw, and Small-of-Back rigs ARE permissible)
No soft/collapsible holsters.
Spare Magazines (at least three Magazines total) or Speed Loaders for revolvers
Spare Magazine pouch / speed loader pouch
Minimum of 400 rounds of target ammunition
Water / snacks / bag lunch for full training day
Sunscreen and weather appropriate attire for outdoor private range