- This event has passed.
October 3 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
Taking lessons learned from REAL Law Enforcement interactions, the Baton and Handcuffing course is an all practical application 6-hour block of training. Our instructors demonstrate the skills and methodology utilizing the Baton, and also demonstrate the need for proper equipment rather than the cheapest tool out there. There is a short break between Baton applications and Handcuffing, in order to demonstrate how the Baton fits into the escalation of force under Arizona Law. We then go into the proper use of handcuffing skills, demonstrating the drills before the student is expected to complete the tasks given.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Description of the components found on different Batons
- Description of the different types of restraints, handcuffs, and the effectiveness of the different types
- Effective strike areas for Batons
- Identifying the proper place for Batons in an escalation of force
- Comparison of different Baton holsters
- Duty belt set up, and civilian (plain clothed) use and carry
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Disassembly, Inspection and re-assembly of Batons
- Proper approach, stance, and execution of restraint with Handcuffs
- Proper stance, grip, and strikes utilizing Batons
- Course Completion, Summary
- Note-taking material
Baton with pouch or holster
Handcuffs with pouch
Clothes appropriate for striking drills, either duty pants and belt or civilian attire (closed toed shoes only)
Water, snacks or lunch
Rental gear available upon emailing our instructors prior at email@example.com