- This event has passed.
ARMED GUARD REFRESHER 8-HOUR (12/8)
December 8 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm$60
ARMED GUARD ANNUAL REFRESHER
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
The Armed Guard Refresher course is an 8-hour block of instruction that meets the requirements set by ARS 32-2632 and AZ DPS for an armed guard’s annual refresher application.
***Mandated off-year mandatory training***
Reference AZ DPS licensing unit at; https://www.azdps.gov/licensing/sg for information about which course of instruction is right for you, or contact the store at 520-886-8338 and ask for Ben.
Unarmed/Armed Guard 24 Hour
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Armed guard procedures
- Required 8 hour annual refresher course for Armed guards
- Law and legal procedures and ARS statutes
- De-escalation of a hostile situation
- How to set up a duty belt
- Safe firearm handling
- Proper firearm grip, stance, draw, and defensive shooting
- 50 round qualification with duty firearm for Armed guards
- A privately owned firearm (rentals available at an additional cost)
- Duty/belt with holster and two mag pouches
- 50 rounds of ammunition for qualification (additional ammunition for any re-qualification)
- Range appropriate attire (NO open-toed shoes)
- Eye and Ear Protection, Sun Protection
- Note taking material for the classroom portion