ARMED GUARD ANNUAL 8hr 6/30/2022
June 30 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
ARMED GUARD ANNUAL 8-HOUR
Note: Please bring your receipt, whether paper copy from in store, or electronic PayPal copy, with you to class.
Course Cancellation Policy Reminder:
- If a student notifies us at least 72 hours prior to the start of their course, the student may cancel for a full refund or reschedule to an alternate available course date with no rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us between 24 and 72 hours prior to the start of their course, no refund will be issued, but the student may reschedule to an alternate available course date by paying a $15 rescheduling fee.
- If a student notifies us less than 24 hours prior to the start of their course, or fails to attend their course, no refund will be issued, and the student may not reschedule to an alternate available course date without paying the full registration fee again.
The Armed Guard 8hr Annual course is an 8-hour block of instruction required by ARS 32-2632 and AZ DPS for an armed guard’s annual refresher or renewal application. Fingerprints, photos, and range fees are included in the course cost. State fees, stamps, and ammunition are not included in the course cost.
***Mandatory Annual Training***
Reference AZ DPS licensing unit at; https://www.azdps.gov/licensing/sg for information about which course of instruction is right for you, or contact the instructors via email at Training@dbackshootingsports.com
PREREQUISITES: Current Arizona DPS Armed Guard card
NOTES: Diamondback Training Center or affiliates DO NOT ACTIVELY EMPLOY Unarmed or Armed Guards
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Current AZ DPS Armed guard procedures
- Required 8 hour annual course for Armed guards
- Law and legal procedures and ARS statutes
- De-escalation of a hostile situation
- Updates on changes with federal or state law
- Safe firearm handling
- Proper firearm grip, stance, draw, and defensive shooting
- 50 round qualification
- A privately owned firearm
- Duty/belt with holster, two mag pouches, and a minimum of three magazines
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Range appropriate attire
- Eye and Ear Protection, Sun Protection
- Note taking material for the classroom portion