The Arizona DPS 24-hour Unarmed AND Armed Guard course includes the full three days of instruction for an individual to obtain an Arizona Unarmed and Armed guard card. The course fee includes fingerprints, photos, and range fees. The course fee does NOT include Az DPS state fees, or ammunition cost. See the description below for a day to day schedule.
Reference AZ DPS licensing unit at; https://www.azdps.gov/licensing/sg for information about which course of instruction is right for you, or contact the instructors via email at Training@dbackshootingsports.com.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms. **NO RENTAL FIREARMS**
What this course covers
- Day One; Arizona DPS 8-hour Unarmed Security Guard Lesson Plan
- Day Two; Armed Guard introduction and equipment inspection
- Day Three; Armed Guard Law and Legal, Defensive Shooting, qualification
- Course fee includes fingerprints, photos, and range fees
- Course fee DOES NOT include state fees, stamps, delivery, or ammunition.
- 50 round qualification, select the link below and copy paste into your browser, scroll to the bottom. https://www.azdps.gov/sites/default/files/media/Armed%20Security%20Guard%20%288Hrs-annual%29%20Lesson%20Plan_0.pdf
- Safe Gun Handling; Anyone who does not demonstrate safe handling skills will NOT receive an armed guard card.
- Proper firearm grip, stance, draw, and defensive shooting
- Day One; Note taking materials
- Day Two; Duty belt, holster, firearm (Unloaded or carried)
- Day Three; 50-100 rounds of ammunition, belt, holster, firearm, two mag pouches, and a minimum of three magazines
- Range appropriate attire (NO open-toed shoes)
- Eye and Ear Protection, electronic ear protection is highly encouraged, Sun Protection
- Each day is an 8hr block of instruction