The Defensive Shotgun course is approximately 2-3 hours of ALL range instruction. We cover the pattern of different shotgun cartridges, defensive shooting techniques, one handed drills, and finish up with shooting from the ground. This course Introduces the power and versatility of the contemporary shotgun in a practical, safe and fun course.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Firearms Safety and Safe Gun Handling
- Intro to Pump Action and Semi-automatic Shotgun
- Intro to different shotgun ammunition
- Features, Functions and Components
- Various Loading Techniques
- Marksmanship Fundamentals / from the ground up
- Employing the Shotgun / various distances
- Employing the Shotgun / various loads
Appropriate 12 Gauge or 20 Gauge Pump or Semi-automatic Shotgun (slings are optional but highly encouraged)
Eye and Ear Protection
Sturdy footwear (NO open-toed shoes or sandals)
Minimum of 75 rounds of ‘bird’ shot (#6,#7,#8 etc…), 5 rounds 00 Buck, 5 rounds Slug
Cap with brim
Appropriate attire for Arizona weather on private outdoor range
Water and snacks/bag lunch for full training day
Rental Guns and Gear available upon coordinated request.