The Introduction to Carbine Level 1 course is 2-3 hours of ALL range instruction. Covering our safe gun handling procedures for a cold range, we then move into slow fire for accuracy and setting a proper battle sight zero. Then we move out to the firing line to cover more than basic carbine use. Students will cover all loading and unloading procedures, manipulation, malfunctions, and defensive shooting skills with carbines.
NOTES: Students need eye and ear protection, and 150 rounds of target (FMJ) ammunition, PRIOR to range training.
This course has a student minimum of 3 and a student maximum of 6
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms. Rental carbines are available at NO extra cost, email Training@dbackshootingsports.com to arrange a rental gun.
What this course covers
- Introduction to the semi-automatic rifle
- Firearms Safety and Safe Gun Handling techniques
- Features and function of rifle components, cycle of function
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship, Zeroing
- Loading, Reloading, Unloading
- Malfunctions / Immediate Actions and Remedial Actions
- Body position and priority of movement manipulation
- Slow-Fire for Accuracy, defensive shooting, introduction to ready up drills
- Sight over bore at various distances
Carbine WITH SLING
Eye and Ear Protection
Minimum of 150 rounds of target ammunition, at least 3 magazines, and 1 magazine pouch
Ball cap with brim
Sturdy footwear (NO open-toed shoes or sandals)
Appropriate Attire for Arizona training on outdoor private range
Water and snacks/bag lunch for the training day