Youth Firearms Safety is 2-3 hours in length covering multiple safety procedures for children and young adults to follow if/when they find themselves encountering firearms. The course meets at our private outdoor range and begins with safety and range procedures, we then lecture and shoot demonstrations before we instruct our students firing a 22lr rifle and pistol.
Children must be between the ages of 10-15 years old and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Due to Covid-19 this course has a class maximum of 4 until further notice
What this course covers
- Rules of firearm safety and safe range procedures
- What to do when encountering a firearm with/without adult supervision
- Safe firearms handling for multiple different firearm action types
- Parent and child communication techniques when encountering an unsafe environment
- Practical exercise of safe firearms handling techniques
Pen or pencil for note taking