Our Handgun level 2 course; Everyday Carry (EDC) is approximately a 5-6 hour Level 2 course of instruction occurring entirely on the range. This course takes the knowledge gained from a CCW Permit course (“WHEN to use your handgun to save your own life”) and places a heavy emphasis on Defensive Shooting (“HOW to use your handgun to save your own life”). Whether open or concealed carry this course will test every tool on your belt.
Intro to Handguns (unless authorized by contacting email@example.com prior to course sign up)
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
This Course has a student minimum of 3 and maximum of 6
What this course covers
- Safe Gun Handling skills for Concealed Carry and Open Carry applications
- Holster options and selection
- Ammunition options and selection
- Mental Conditioning / Mindset, and proper planning
- What to do AFTER you win the gunfight
- Drawing from the Holster / Drawing from Concealment
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship revisited / slow fire for accuracy
- Multiple Target Engagements
- After Action Drills
- Loading, Reloading / Tactical and Emergency Reloads
- Shooting while Moving
- Following through the threat
- One-Hand / Off-Hand shooting
- Required Gear:
- Note taking material
Eye / Hearing Protection (Electronic Hearing Protection strongly preferred)
Handgun of .380 ACP or greater caliber (No single action “cowboy” guns)
Concealed carry holster (Purses, Cross-Draw and Small-of-Back rigs ARE permissible)
Highly advise against soft/collapsible holsters.
At least 3 mags and 1 mag pouch, 2 speed loaders for revolvers
Minimum of 500 rounds of target ammunition
Water / snacks / bag lunch for full training day
Sunscreen and weather appropriate attire for outdoor private range.