The AZ Concealed Weapon Permit is classroom-only instruction lasting approximately 6 hours. This course offering has been split into two 3-hour long class sessions held on consecutive evenings or all day 9am-4pm. This course provides a heavy emphasis on law and legal issues, as well as safe gun handling pertaining to concealed carry, and home defense aspects.
All course material is provided. Please bring a Black Ink Pen.
Coffee/Refreshments are welcome in the classroom. Includes Fingerprinting. Does not include the STATE FEES
Participants are responsible to know if they are or are not a prohibited possessor, thereby knowing if they are eligible to obtain an AZ CCW Permit.
What this course covers
- Completion of state CCW Application
- Completion of state-required Fingerprint cards and fingerprinting
- Universal Safe Gun Handling Rules: Square range vs. Real World dynamics
- Safe Storage of firearms, Intro Home Defense planning
- Concealed Carry Options
- Intro Admin Law, CCW Legal Requirements and Prohibitions
- AZ CCW Application Process, what to expect
- Restricted Areas
- AZ Law pertaining to Carrying Concealed / Open Carry
- AZ Law pertaining to Crimes against Persons, Crimes against Property, Trespass crimes
- Judgmental “What Would You Do?” Scenarios, applying the law to real-world situations
- What to do AFTER you use a firearm in self-defense
- Contact with Law Enforcement Officers
- Reciprocity and traveling to other states
- Planning and Mental Conditioning, Concealed Carry and Home Defense applications