The Combative Handgun LVL3 course is a highly dynamic, 1-day course approximately 6-8 hours occurring completely on the range. Safe Gun Handling skills are absolutely essential. This course is the run portion of the ‘crawl, walk, run’ training methodology. Students will learn how to shoot, move, and communicate. The course is designed with the battle field in mind. This is not designed for concealed carry or low capacity handguns, although if time permits, students will have the opportunity to run some of the drills with their concealed carry guns as well. Participants unable to demonstrate safe gun handling skills will be removed from Level 3 training without a refund, although Diamondback instructors may work with these participants to provide remedial training so they can return to this class at a later date.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms. Class size is a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6.
Everyday Carry (Handgun LVL2)
What this course covers
- Safe Gun Handling skills for Hot Range training
- Gear selection and placement
- Speed and accuracy drills
- Malfunction Clearance drills (for time)
- Presentation from the holster
- Reload Drills (for time)
- Close Quarters Battle (CQB) drills
- Shooting while moving
- Foot work ready up drills
- Multiple Target engagements
- Stress drills
- Ground Fighting
- Vehicle Ops
- Use of cover/concealment, planning your movement
- Shoot, move, and communicate drills/ react to contact, break contact, etc.
Semi-auto handgun of .380 or greater caliber, high capacity
Strong-side holster of sturdy construction/ drop leg, Outside Waist Band highly recommended
At least 5 magazines
Eye & Hearing protection
Minimum of 1,000 rounds of target ammunition
Appropriate attire for training at outdoor private AZ range
At least 2 magazine pouches
Lots of water, sunscreen and a bag lunch/snacks for a very full training day.