Our Carbine level 2 courses focus on utilization of modern rifle platforms (AR/AK) as a primary and handguns as a secondary.
Combative Carbine 2; Our level 2 carbine course focuses on utilizing a carbine as a primary weapon system, with a handgun as a secondary weapon. We cover malfunction drills, transitioning to/from the handgun, turn and shoot drills, moving while shooting, speed v accuracy, utilization of cover and concealment, and introduction to small team tactics. .
Introduction to Carbine LVL1, Everyday Carry/Handgun Lvl2, or instructor approval
NOTE: This course has a student minimum of 3 and student maximum of 6
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What This Course Covers
- Speed/tactical reloads and Malfunction drills
- Timed ready up drills, multiple target engagements, turn and shoot drills
- 1-Handed weapon manipulation, non-dominate shooting skills
- Use of cover and concealment, barricades, sight over bore
- Ground Fighting with a Carbine / prone, kneeling, standing, supported and unsupported
- Moving and shooting, introduction to team movements and communication
- Stress drills, transitions to the pistol
- Eye and Ear protection
- Note taking material
- Carbine type rifle WITH sling
- 400 rounds of rifle ammunition, 100 rounds of pistol ammunition
- At least 4 rifle magazines, and 2 rifle magazine pouches/ At least 3 pistol magazines, and 2 pistol magazine pouches
- Optics (red dot or magnified) and/OR back up iron sights
- Range appropriate attire for an Arizona outdoor range, sunscreen, and ball cap are encouraged
- WATER, snacks or a lunch
A US Army 82nd Airborne Reconnaissance Infantryman, and Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran (2008-2009), I also spend as much time as possible outside hunting and fishing. Having countless hours training with multiple weapon platforms from crew served weapons to pistols, and having trained military, law enforcement, and civilians. We are constantly updating our training curriculum, making Diamondback an ideal training environment for individuals from every walk of life.
-NRA Certifications: Refuse to be A Victim Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, Shotgun Instructor, Inside and Outside the Home Personal Protection Instructor
-Arizona Department of Public Safety, Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Instructor
-Arizona Game and Fish Hunter Education Volunteer Instructor
-Sabre Red OC Spray Instructor
-ASP Baton, Handcuffing, and Flashlight Tactics Instructor
A Former US Marine, Roan Grimm has dedicated his life to the study of the grim realities of violent close combat. With 35+ years of martial arts, the past 27 of which have been focused on the weapon intensive Filipino martial arts (arnis/eskrima/kali) and WWII era American combatives (scientific dirty fighting). With over 125 real contact stick fights with the world renown Dog Brothers, Grimm has tested the theories of actual fighting with impact weapons at a level few can approach.
-NRA certified RSO, Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun Instructor
-Guro (black belt equivalent) in Nitullama silat as well as Dog Brothers Martial Arts
-Ma’a Guro in Sub3 American Kali, and Full Dog Brother – “Poi Dog”
-AZ DPS certified Unarmed Guard Instructor
-Creator of ADEPT personal security program