Fighting with a ranged weapon at close distance is not an easy task. Our Close Combat and Ground Fighting course takes an aggressive approach to an important skill for any everyday carry rig. Whether open or concealed it is important to create distance in order to properly engage with a handgun. An aggressive combatant does not always warrant that a defensive shooter will start or finish on their feet. We begin in the classroom with blue guns, air soft guns, and training blades. Day two begins on our private outdoor range where we implement the classroom skills during courses of live fire.
Everyday Carry (EDC) … Students may attend the classroom portion ‘Close Combat’ at any time.
Must have your own handgun, training knives will be provided. This is an up and down course of fire, so bring your fitness with you. Accommodations for individuals with physical disabilities may be arranged.
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- Introduction to knife handling
- Universal Safe Gun Handling Rules (Violations may require a student to repeat the classroom portion of training)
- Multiple close combat shooting scenarios
- Surviving the fight mindset training
- Split decision training (hands, knife, gun)
- Fighting on your feet
- Fighting from the ground
- Range Safety is PARAMOUNT
- Malfunctions during close contact fighting
- Live-Fire shooting drills, 300 rounds minimum (500 strongly suggested)
- Course Completion, Summary
Eye / Hearing Protection
Handgun: Revolver or Semi-Automatic of .22 LR caliber or greater.
(No single-action “cowboy” guns)
At least 3 spare magazines, speed strips (for revolvers) and/or speed loaders
A minimum of 200 rounds of target ammunition
Water, snacks or lunch, and sunscreen as appropriate
Weather appropriate attire for the private outdoor range (no sandals or open-toed footwear)