Introduction to Handguns is a 3-4 hour training course with classroom and range instruction. This course is ideal for anyone new to handguns, and/or anyone considering purchasing their first gun. Starting with a heavy emphasis on safety and practicality, we cover a lot more than “just the basics” in this course. We begin with slow fire for accuracy and finish the day with an introduction to presenting the gun for defensive shooting. Students will leave with the confidence and knowledge needed to practice on their own and come back for our level 2 courses!
**Students are responsible for purchasing 100 rounds of target (FMJ) ammunition.**
NOTES: Students are responsible for providing eye protection, ear protection, and 100 rounds of target ammunition.
Handguns are available upon coordinated request at no extra charge. Firearms available include; Glock 19 Gen5, Cz P10c, Glock 43, S&W Ez380, Glock42, and S&W model 649 (revolver)
-Minors are allowed to train when accompanied by an adult – Email email@example.com
Must be lawfully allowed to train with firearms.
What this course covers
- 4 Universal safe gun handling rules
- Components of handguns (Revolver and Semi-auto)
- Features and functions
- Components and types of ammunition
- Terms and definitions of COLD range procedures
- Maintenance and cleaning procedures
- Safe storage of firearms
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Grip, stance, and aiming
- Introduction to defensive shooting, presentation and control pairs
- Range safety and safe gun handling
- Loading and unloading
- Live-Fire shooting drills (100 Rounds Minimum)
- Summary of material covered
Eye / Hearing Protection
Handgun: Revolver or Semi-Automatic of .22 LR caliber or greater.
Spare magazines, speed strips (for revolvers) and/or speed loaders
A minimum of 100 rounds of target ammunition
Water, snacks or lunch, and sunscreen as appropriate
Weather appropriate attire for the private outdoor range (no sandals or open-toed footwear)
Guns available upon coordinated request.